“When we understand that we have choices, we can move through.”
– Donna Jacobs
Donna Jacobs is a seasoned clinical psychologist who has worked extensively with both individuals and couples. Inspired by her years of experience, Donna created the “self-integration Model” (SIM).
Donna’s work is based on the belief that when people identify the various parts of themselves, they can transform to live happy, healthy, and complete lives by becoming their best selves
Donna taught for many years at Concordia University in Montreal before making her move to Toronto in 1997 and was part of an online course on third-party reproduction through TAPE studies for professionals in affiliation with St.Michael’s College in the University of Toronto. Prior to psychology, Donna completed a fine arts degree which led to 18 years teaching in the Graduate Art Therapy Program at Concordia University while still maintaining her private practice.
In this interview, Donna Jacobs and I shed light on:
- The profound effect of COVID on couples
- Important tools to keep a couple working as a team
- The importance of working on self to keep a partnership strong
- Respect each other’s need for time alone;
- Get on the same page when it comes to raising children together;
- Change your attitude, we are equipped to do that;
- Come down from perfection
- Practice gratitude.
QUOTES TO FILL YOUR SOUL from Donna:
- “To bring our best selves to relationships and to the world, first we need to heal on the inside and integrate all parts of our Self”
- “When we understand that we have choices, we can move through.”
How to learn more about the things mentioned in this episode:
- YouTube – Donna Jacobs
- Facebook – DJacobsPsych – https://www.facebook.com/DJacobsPsych
- Twitter – Donna Jacobs Psych
- Website: https://donnajacobs.ca
Recommended books by Donna:
- Donna’s recent book, Becoming Your Best Self: Healing Through Self-Integration, presents her therapeutic Model, offering case studies and worksheets to help bring SIM to life
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, John Gottman
- Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples, Harville Hendrix
- Recommended Books for Couples:
- The New Rules of Marriage by Terrence Real
- Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson
- The Commitment Dialogues by McKay & Quick
Were you INSPIRED by this video?! Drop us a comment below – LET US KNOW WHAT RESONATED – TOGETHER WE RISE XO
Would you like to be inspired on your own journey towards health? Join our RituWell 10 Day Foundational Reset.