"In order to have great relationships that thrive we need to take radical responsibility for our own happiness."- Dr. Shyamala Kiru
Dr. Shyamala Kiru is a Registered Psychotherapist, Registered Marriage and Family Therapist, and served on the Board of Directors for the Ontario Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. She is dedicated to helping individuals, couples and families live their best lives. Working from a family systems perspective, her practice includes narrative therapy, emotionally focused therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
In this interview, Dr.Kiru and I shed light on:
- Taking Radical Responsibility for our own Happiness
- Emotional Intelligence vs IQ
- Being Responsive vs Reactive
- When our relationships are in distress, WE are in distress and our mental health is strained. When we are feeling safely and securely connected, we are better able to show up as our best selves.
- To have great relationships that thrive we need to take radical responsibility for our own happiness.
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is more important than IQ. EQ is a set of skills that allow us to navigate our emotional and relationship landscapes. It involves: Self-awareness of our emotions, empathy, and compassion
- We need to be hyper responsible for our own emotions. We must be responsive, not reactive
- Emotional reasoning is when we feel something, so we believe that it is true. We have the capacity to control our thoughts, it is just hard work!!
- It only takes one person to transform a relationship. What we put out there, people will respond to.
QUOTES TO FILL YOUR SOUL from Shyamala
- “The purpose of life is to show up as your best self and to contribute fully to your mission.”
- “The key to calming your mind is to accept the things you can’t control and action the things you can control.”
- “We need to take responsibility for our own stuff-our thoughts, our choices, our actions, our feelings, our behaviors or we will end up putting all of our power outside of ourselves.”
How to learn more about the things mentioned in this episode:
- Kiru Wellness Clinic https://kiruwellness.com/shyamala-kiru/
- Downloadable Resources on EQ https://kiruwellness.com/insights/downloads/
- The EQ Lab- Free, private Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
4 Brain Traps that Ruin your Relationships- Free PDF download –http://discover.shyamalakiru.com/4-brain-traps-1
Were you INSPIRED by this video?! Drop us a comment below – LET US KNOW WHAT RESONATED – TOGETHER WE RISE XO
FURTHER YOUR LEARNING:
TAKE THIS QUIZ TO SEE IF YOU HAVE OPTIMAL BRAIN HEALTH: BRAIN QUIZ
INSPIRED TO LEARN MORE and GROW FURTHER? check out our transformative workshops.