"You can suffer your way through this time viewing the glass as half empty or you can try to make the most of it at half full" - Tia Slightham
Tia Slightham has a Masters degree in Early Childhood Ed., is certified in Positive Discipline and has worked with kids and families for over 16 years. Tia is a teacher, business owner, best selling author (You’ve Got This Mama, Too) and most importantly a MOM. She is the founder of Tia Slightham- Parenting Solutions, where she works with parents to teach them positive ways to decrease the daily struggles we all encounter as parents.
In this interview, Tia and I shed light on:
- The three keys to good parenting are: Consistency, Nurturing, Belief in your kids
- Children are VERY capable!
- Parenting Technique and Guiding Children through COVID
- Positive Attention
Children are VERY CAPABLE and when we do too many things for them we rob them of their sense of capability. This leads to negative behaviours in our children.
Parenting is challenging because we need to break our own learned behavior. Parenting is not intuitive.
Parenting in Covid – Parents need to be the guide. Put your end of the rope down. This will stop the power struggle and frustration.
Our children are born with two boxes: Basic Needs vs. Emotional Needs
Let your children be seen, heard and understood. Practical steps to proactively fill up your children’s attention and power buckets.
QUOTES TO FILL YOUR SOUL from Tia:
- Nurture your child: Picture your child with two buckets about their heads, one is labelled Power and one is labelled Attention.
- You can suffer your way through this time viewing the glass as half empty or you can try to make the most of it at half full
- Parents need to be the guide. Put your end of the rope down. This will stop the power struggle and frustration.
- Parenting is not intuitive. It is a learned skill we are trying to figure out based on how we were parented. It is hard to break the cycle of parenting from our pasts, but we can do it.
How to learn more about the things mentioned in this episode:
- Parenting Solutions Handbook: https://tiaslightham.com/product/the-parening-solutions-handbook
- Golden time course: https://tiaslightham.teachable.com/p/golden-time/
- Book Corner- Children: https://tiaslightham.com/book-resources-children
- Book Corner – Parents: https://tiaslightham.com/book-resources-parents
- Battle Free Bedtime: https://tiaslightham.com/product/battle-free-bedtimes-course
Were you INSPIRED by this video?! Drop us a comment below – LET US KNOW WHAT RESONATED!
TOGETHER WE RISE XO
FURTHER YOUR LEARNING:
DON’T MISS THE NEXT CLEANSE FOR LIFE PROGRAM – CLICK HERE FOR UPCOMING DATES
TAKE THIS QUIZ TO SEE IF YOU HAVE OPTIMAL BRAIN HEALTH: BRAIN QUIZ
INSPIRED TO LEARN MORE and GROW FURTHER? check out our transformative workshopsham