Jen Arron is a studio-based textile artist working primarily with fibre and photographic imagery. With a strong foundation in photography (Ryerson BFA), Jen transitioned to weaving for its inherent layered and textural visual language. Weaving entirely by hand, Jen explores identity, illuminating deep-seated memories with her large-scale woven pieces that in turn reveal how our ancestors’ patterns are deeply embedded within our own. Jen’s positive & radiant energy is integrated into the places where her art resides. Listen in as Jen and I dive into the challenges facing body image and the impact on our own self-understanding.
- The challenge to love your body is not something you are alone in
- Our initial awareness of our bodies having to look a certain way – begins at a young age. It is rooted through our family, friends, and self-narrative.
- Body image journeys are something everyone goes through on some level. It is with work, devotion to ourselves, and our self-worth, that acceptance, gratitude, and a feeling of power in our bodies can develop and grow.
- When your worth is connected to anything that can change, your worth becomes changeable. When our worth is fixed and infinite, we become powerful.
- With Mindset practice, gratitude, and authentic self love Jen found herself seeing change and finding the power within herself.
QUOTES TO FILL YOUR SOUL from Jen:
- “When your worth is connected to anything that can change, your worth becomes changeable. When our worth is fixed and infinite, you become powerful.”
- “I understand now, that I am NOT my body, I am IN my body”
WANT TO LEARN MORE about Jen:
Are you inspired to start your own inner journey?
Join our life-changing group program – Daring Greatly™ – We start in September 2021. Full details here: