Dr. Marti Glenn is dedicated to helping people transform their lives. As co-founder and Clinical Director of Ryzio Institute, she conducts professional trainings and intensive retreats that make it possible for anyone to move beyond coping into thriving.
An award-winning and pioneering psychotherapist and educator, Marti has served as founder and CEO of a number of successful companies and non-profit organizations. Marti is the founding president of the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute – a Masters level program for psychotherapists.
- Epigenetics, Polyvagal, Neuroscience all come to the same conclusion –
- We need three things to transform our lives: 1. An experience/feeling of safety 2. An experience of who you truly are 3. This experience to be witnessed by a caring other
- The importance of the VAGUS NERVE in human development – and why we need to nurture this to feel safe in our bodies
- You cannot give your kids what your parents did not give you – unless you work to CHANGE THIS
- What is emotional presence? Emotional presence requires slowing down, coming into our hearts, making eye contact, listening inside
- EYE CONTACT produces oxytocin – love hormone (opposes cortisol)
- Physical and emotional safety are different things
- We are hungry for contact and connection
- Emotional connection can only happen when you slow down, breathe, and get into your body
- There is a massive hunger for love and connection in our world right now
- We CANNOT FILL THAT LONELY EMPTY UNWORTHY SPOT – from the outside –people or things, busyness/distraction!
- When we don’t have the emotional safety – we tend to close our hearts off to the same connection we actually all need as humans to THRIVE
- Why we struggle with emotional intimacy – HUGE EPIDEMIC
- The more we get present to ourselves the more we can connect to others
- It’s NEVER TOO LATE
QUOTES TO FILL YOUR SOUL from Marti
“If I slow down, I can move faster”
“We need to learn how to bring LOVE into every aspect of life”
“If I was not safe to show up in my family and be all of who I am, then we turn our cup upside-down”
“Mindfulness and awareness give us choice”
“Show up, be present, love as much as I can and do whatever is in front of me”
How to learn more about the things mentioned in this episode:
- Instagram: @ryzioinstitute
- Facebook: RYZIO (facebook.com)
- Website: www.ryzio.com
Are you inspired to start your own inner journey?
Join our life-changing group program – Daring Greatly™ – We start in September 2021. Full details here: